Highly versatile cinematic artist with many years of game industry experience and a solid technical background. Specializing in cinematic and narrative design, machinimas, and video-editing. Also well-versed in gameplay and level scripting, and nurturing an interest in creative storytelling.
Skills & Specialties
Cinematics, Cutscenes, Machinima, In-Game Scripted Events, Narrative Design, Level / Gameplay Scripting, Video Editing, Motion Graphics, Modeling, Texturing
Tools & Software
Unreal Editor, Maya, 3DS Max, Premiere, AfterEffects, Photoshop
LUA, Java, C++ , HTML
In-Game Cinematic Artist
Blizzard Entertainment, 2014 – Present
- Create and implement scripted, real-time & pre-rendered cutscenes.
- Design and animate cameras.
- Responsible for setting up shots, pre-production, asset wrangling, and set dressing.
- Implement crowds.
- Contribute ideas to the development of stories and scripts by collaborating with designers, directors, and artists.
- Stage, capture, and edit gameplay footage for use in promotional trailers.
- Troubleshoot bugs and optimize performance issues.
- Projects: Heroes of the Storm, World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor, World of Warcraft: Legion
High Moon Studios, 2010 – 2013
- Create, implement, and troubleshoot in-game cutscenes, FMVs, scripted events and world ambiance.
- Insert actors, assign animations, place FX and cameras in order to advance the game narrative.
- Set up shots and animate cameras for cinematics and interactive moments.
- Write scripts and dialogue, invent story ideas and concepts.
- Collaborate with level designers to craft unique gameplay moments and mechanics.
- Stage, capture, and edit gameplay footage for use in promotional materials.
- Projects: Deadpool, Transformers: Fall of Cybertron, Transformers: Dark of the Moon, Transformers: War for Cybertron
Level Scripter / Designer
Liquid Entertainment, 2010
- Responsible for the maintenance, implementation, and optimization of an entire level.
- Scripted, enhanced, and troubleshot combat encounters, gameplay mechanics, and level events using Unreal Editor.
- Created in-game cinematics in Matinee using pre-existing library of assets, animations, and VFX.
- Implemented gameplay and cinematic cameras.
- Projects: THOR: God of Thunder
Cinematic Artist & Scripter
Double Helix Games, 2007 – 2010
- Scripted, built, and troubleshot in-game cutscenes using existing animations and art assets.
- Implemented and animated cameras for in-game cinematics as well as for gameplay.
- Built levels and scripted in-game events using proprietary level editing software.
- Scripted character combat, navigation, and other gameplay mechanics using proprietary language.
- Projects: Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters (pre-production), G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra, The Golden Compass
Freelance Machinima Artist
- Captured, staged, and spliced in-game footage and promotional renders using Premiere and AfterEffects.
- Researched and wrote short narratives based on subject lore to further expand back-story.
- Provided direction for voice overs and edited sound effects and music to enhance narrative depth.
- Projects: Dragon Age: Origins Prologue, Avenue GTA
Freelance Maya Artist
Buck LA, 2006
- Modeled, unwrapped, textured, and animated environments, assets, and characters using Maya.
- Projects: Cingular Push-to-Talk, TV Land
3D Game Artist Intern
Mad Doc Software, 2005
- Modeled and textured low-poly environmental and architectural assets using 3D Studio Max.
- Projects: Stability Operations
Boston, MA, 2001 – 2006
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science & Psychology
- Minor in Animation
- Main Programmer for Senior thesis game project, Hopeful Monster. Utilized Torque 3D game engine.